JSSC [21 August 2016 (PT)] Answer Keys for Combined Graduate Standard Competitive Examination held on 21-August-2016 (PT)
Answer Key of JSSC CGSCE Set B-General Knowledge
Answer: (B) Meghalay
Answer:(B) Niels Bohr
3.San Jose is the capital of which of the following countries?
Answer:(D) Costa Rica
4.Which of the following India cricketers has been conferred with life membership of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)?Answer:(B) Saurav Ganguly
5. Which of the following languages included in the Eighth Schedule of the Indian Constitution belong to Sino-Tibetan group of Languages?
Answer: (C) Bodo
6. Which of the following Indian-American teachers was named for Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching by Barack Obama?
Answer: (A) Darshan Jain
7. Who among the following scientists is connected to the Theory of Evolution?
Answer: (A) Chales Darwin
Answer key for all the sets : Download now
8. Mahendra Singh Dhoni represented which of the following teams in IPL 2016?
Answer:(C) Rising Pune Supergiants
9. A debutant psychological thriller " The Girl on the Train" is authored by which of the following novelists?
Answer: (B) Paula Hawkins
10. Which of the following lanuages is sometimes written in modified versions of the Arabic script?
11. Which of the following is the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina?
12. Who among the following is the petitioner in National Herald Case?
Answer: (C) Subramanian Swamy
13. "All the Prime Minister's Men" , is the book written of the following authors of India?
Answer:(B) Janardan Thakur
14. Who among the following was awarded with the Sunhak Peace Prize in 2015 for Alternative Solution to the Future Food Crisis and Pioneer of the Blue Revolution?
Answer:(A) Dr. Modadugu Vijay Gupta
15. Max Verstappen topped the 2015 overtakes list in which of the following professional sports he plays?
Answer:(D) Formula 1
16. Who among the following will be canonised as saint of the Roman Catholic Church in September 2016?
Answer:(D) Mother Teresa
17. Gregor Johann Mendel is related to which of the following scientific developments?
Answer:(C) Laws of inheritance of traits
18. What is the capital of Poland?
19. Robin Singh played for which of the following teams in the Indian Super League in 2015?
Answer:(A) Delhi Dynamos FC
20. Who among the following is the author of the book " The Essential Gandhi"?
Answer:(B) Mahatma Gandhi
21. The " Chauri Chaura ? tehsil, where an angry mob set the local police station on fire, belongs to which district?
22. " Dhokra" of Jharkhand is related to Which of the following Crafts?
23. Which of the following commissions presented a memorandum which demanded the formation of separate Jharkhand State?
Answer:(C) Simon Commission
24. In which of the following states is the Chilika Lake Located?
25. How many High Courts are there in India as on 1st January 2016?
26. Who among the following is the chairperson of NITI Aayog?
Answer:(A) Prime Minister
27. What is the maximum number of members to be elected in legislative assembly according to the Indian Constitution?
28. Which of the following districts of Jharkhand is one of the main source of mica in the world?
29. The peninsular plateau, one of the oldest landmass of the world, was a part of:
Answer:(C) Gondwana Land
30. Which of the following movements, in earlier phase, was called as Kurukh Dharam (literally the original religion of the Kurukh or Oraons)?
Answer:(D) Tana Bhagat movement
31. Name the finance minister of India as of January, 2016.
Answer:(A) Arun Jaitley
32. Which of the following were the focused twin objectives of the Fifth Five-Year Plan?
Answer:(B) Poverty eradication and attainment of self-reliance
33. In which of the following festivals of Jharkhand do girls decorate a wooden/bamboo frame with coloured paper and then gift it to nearby hilly river?
Answer:(B) Tusu Parab
34. Jharkhand is the sole producer of which of the following minerals in India?
Answer: (D) Prime coking Coal
35.Where was the First Round Table Conference held to discuss the constitutional reform in India?
Answer: (A) London
36. Which among the following is the apex of the three-tier structure of the Panchayati Raj system?
Answer: (A) Zila Parishads
37. The constitution of India was originally divided into how many parts?
Answer: (C) 22
38. The Jharkhand Panchayat Raj Act 2001 was amended to provide what percentage of reservation for women in Panchayat Raj?
Answer: (D) 50%
39. Who among the following leaders announced the 20-Points Economic Programme in 1975?
Answer: (C) Indira Gandhi
40. Who among the following chairs the Upper House called the Rajya Sabha?
Answer: (C) Vice-President
41. Ordinary soaps CANNOT function in hard water because
Answer: (A) Formation of precipitate occurs with CA2+ and Mg2+ ions
42. How can 2Ω, 2Ω and 3 Ω be arranged such that the resultant resistance is 4Ω?
Answer: A) 2Ω and 2Ω Parallel and 3Ω Series
43. Crassulacean acid metabolism is related to
Answer: (C) Carbon fixation process
44. What is the function of the parotid gland?
Answer: (B) Secretes saliva
45. What is the type of reaction given below called?
Answer: (B) Substitution reaction
46.Which of the following relation is NOT correct for power?
Answer: (D) P=V/R2
47. The dye responsible for the blue colour of jeans is
Answer: (C) Indigo
48. Which of the following gases will be liberated when sodium bicarbonate is added to acetic acid
49. Which of the following chemicals DOES NOT feature in the cocoa solid used to prepare chocolates?
Answer: (D) Trichloro-ethane
50. Identify the characteristic feature associated with a four chambered heart of human being.
Answer: (D) It separates blood deficient in oxygen from oxygen rich blood
51. Where is the world's most powerful telescope ALMA installed?
Answer: Chile's Atacama Desert
52. What is the nature of pH of sodium chloride solution?
Answer: (C) Neutral
53. Why do most loudspeaker have drives mounted inside some cabinets?
Answer:If know, please give in comment box.
54. If the mass of the earth is increased by 20%, what will be the percentage wight change of any object?
Answer:If know, please give in comment box.
55. Two solutions, one pH=1 and volume=100 ml is mixed with another solution of pH=2 and volume=200 ml. Find out the resultant pH of the mixture.
56. A catalys increase reaction rate by
Answer: (A) Decreasing the activation energy barier
57. What is the cause of bluse baby syndrome?
Answer: (B) High nitrate secretion of hormone
58. Where does most of the digestion of food fat occur in the human body?
Answer: (C) Intestine
59. Which part of the stem in some varities of cactus helps the stem to expand and contract depending on water availablity ?
Answer: (A) Ribs
Disclaimer: Official answer keys will be declared by JSSC through their website. We have tried to provide the answer of General Knowledge Section of The above mentioned exam.
Rest questions answer key will be published shortly. Please visit regularly for updates.